Happy Friday everyone! Tomorrow is the best day of the week, College Gameday!!! If you didn't go to school in the South you may not share my excitement, but I look forward to it every week! When I was at school in South Carolina, gameday was like Christmas! With Hurricane Matthew making his way through the South, I know some games are cancelled for tomorrow, but I still thought it would be fun to share with y'all some gameday essentials for college gameday in the South:
1. Gameday Dress: One thing I learned quickly freshman year of college was that you dressed up for football games in the South. You have no idea how long it would take me each week to find the perfect garnet or black dress to support my Gamecocks!
2. Cowboy Boots: Another must in the South! My only recommendation is to invest in a good pair! I bought mine sophomore year of college and still have them today, and they are in perfect condition! You will be surprised how much you will wear your cowboy boots, and you will definitely wear them outside of gameday!
3. Crossbody Purse: This is more for convenience than anything else. Trust me, when you are tailgating all day long, you do not want to have to worry about keeping up with a purse/clutch. It's that simple!
4. Cheap Sunglasses: Keyword cheap! I can't tell you how many pairs of sunglasses I either lost or broke while tailgating. Nordstrom has the best selection of sunglasses for only $12!
5. Gameday Nail Polish: Okay okay, I guess nail polish isn't really a gameday essential, but it was important to me! I loved getting a fresh mani/pedi before the weekend. Nothing takes away from a cute outfit more than chipped nail polish, am I right??
A few more things that I recommend having in your crossbody purse for gameday are a koozie, some Advil, and a portable phone charger. Trust me, you won't regret these three things! What are your gameday essentials??
Thanks so much for reading and GO COCKS! xo